The warm days of summer are approaching! With it brings different forms of entertainment for all ages. When we start organizing our summer activities we need to consider if our insurance is a fun sucker!! Here are a few examples of where insurance can dictate how much fun you can really have without the proper steps being taken:
The fun that comes with a trampoline can also be accompanied by risks — hence the possibility of insurance consequences. Here are some things to consider when it comes to backyard trampolines, tree houses, and homeowners insurance. If you're thinking about buying a trampoline, or if you've already purchased one be sure to contact your broker to learn of any terms and conditions regarding coverage for damage to the trampoline and more important damage to others caused by the trampoline. Why are the insurance companies “paranoid” about trampolines – A couple things to consider?
- Children can sustain devastating injuries which you could be held liable for.
- They are an attractive item in your yard which may bring unwelcomed visitors that you could still be liable for.
Pools and Hot Tubs
Home insurance, like all forms of insurance, is based on insurance companies’ loss experience. Every year children and adults drown or are injured in pool-related accidents. Although all pool-owners are lumped together in the riskier-than-non-pool-owners category, you can prevent accidents and claims on your own property by implementing pool safety rules:
- Have and maintain a locked fence around the perimeter of the pool
- Avoid letting anyone swim alone
- Do not allow children in the pool area unsupervised
- Enroll children in swimming lessons
Contact your Broker for help determining whether you have appropriate protection in place. Then you can enjoy the fun that comes with summer knowing you have sufficient coverage in place — just in case.