As the weather is warming up in Nova Scotia, more motorcycles are coming out of storage and bikes are hitting the road again. It is important to take some precautions to ensure a safe and enjoyable motorcycle season for everyone.
Get Your Bike Ready to Ride
- Check the oil and fuel levels
- Test brakes, signals, and lights
- Lube and adjust the chain to manufacturer's specifications
- Check cables for signs of wear or fraying
- Take a rider-training course to brush up on your riding skills
- Make sure you have a good quality helmet with a face shield or goggles
- Invest in some other gear – a leather jacket and pants can help protect you from injury, along with gloves, and boots or sneakers that cover your ankles
While You Ride
- Always wear your helmet
- Follow the speed limit
- Use signals
- Be aware of other vehicles around you, and make sure they are aware of you
- Respect others – don't weave around other vehicles or drive on the shoulder
As the driver of an automobile, you must also be aware of motorcyclists. They are smaller and can be harder to notice in blind spots and behind you. Be aware of your surroundings and always check for bikes!
Contact WCL Bauld Insurance today for all your motorcycle insurance needs – we can tailor a policy that suits you and your bike. We have packages that include Collision, Comprehensive or Fire & Theft Coverage. Some of our special packages can also provide Transportation Replacement for a replacement bike, Personal Effects for all your motorcycle gear, and even Vacation Expense for food or accommodations if you're in an accident 100km or more from home!